30.1.11

Happy 1 Month Anniversary!

First, I would like to say that it is only I, and other women, that probably acknowledge today as a mini-celebration. Shawn is quite adamant that there is no such thing as 1 month, 6 month, or any month in between, anniversaries. He is quite the traditionalist that the only anniversary is the annual one. Party pooper. But I didn't let that stop me from rolling over, kissing him and wishing him a "Happy Anniversary" at 12:15 am.

I had planned to wake up and make us some heart shaped pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream for breakfast but, not going to lie, 9 am church destroys any hope for fancy breakfasts. I can barely drag myself out of bed in time to get washed, dressed and make-up'ed'. I don't know about you, but for me Sundays are all about; sleeping in, going to church, spending time with family and a good dinner. If I miss any of those, it just doesn't feel exactly right... But give me a month or two more and maybe our self-thrown pity party will be over... just maybe.

Things I've discovered in our one month of being husband and wife.
 a) A tiny, miniscule basement suite is not bad for a newly married couple, minus the fact we are strongly considering how to convert our stack of boxes, in the corner, into a piece of furniture or art.
 b) My husband is a morning person. I am not.
 c) I am a night owl. Shawn goes to bed at a reasonable hour, the fact that he has school and I have nothing, might have something to do with that, as well.
 d) A tiny house with very little counter-space appears dirty quite quickly.
 e) Luckily, a tiny house is not hard to clean up... Especially when the two people living in it are not that messy to begin with.
 f) After 24 yrs* of being in the YSA, it's quite a switch to be, all of a sudden, a "young married". It's almost like all those people that got married and 'disappeared', all of a sudden, reappear. 
*I know I haven't actually been in YSA for all my 24 yrs, but just go with it.
 g) Boys, or just Shawn, seem to think boys and girls should eat the same amount of food. Not the case. Especially not the case when the boy is half of a foot taller and a ridiculously amount more muscular. But until he figures that out, I will enjoy my equal share of desert.
 h) I love my new name. Valena Bevans. Doesn't that just roll off the tongue? I was a proud 'Wyght' before but I am quite excited to only have to spell out one of my names now. "Yes, my name is V-A-L-E-N-A Bevans." And it just looks good... Not very many last names could mesh with an unique name like Valena... but Bevans does.
 i) I love planning out the next 5, 10, 25 years with my husband. And no, we won't be having kids any time soon. But we do have a fun summer planned.
 i) I have one, amazing husband. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment