14.2.11

I Love Us

Happy Valena's Valentine's Day!

Somewhat my favorite holiday... For a wayward reason...

Growing up with an usual name, I didn't get to see my name very often so perhaps that's why I took a liking to Valentines Day. When I would be driving down the road and catch a glimpse of a sign selling some kind or other Valentines days package or treat, for a split second I got to think that the world was advertising Valena's Day. My day. How fantastic!!! But the catch was, I had to read it because when people pronounce it, it sounds nothing like my name... You would think that I would grow out of that, and I have. Sort of. I must admit, it happened again today when I saw a billboard advertising Valentines Day at Montanas...

But being newly married, it is no longer 'my' imaginary day. As a catchy little Hallmark card stated, Valentine's Day is the day to celebrate Shawn and I. To say I love us. And I do; so much. No special day is needed for this realization because everyday you feel it but, a lil bit of extra-ness never hurt... 


Like, coming home (from my FIRST DAY of work) to this lil homemade treat from my food-network-loving husband


Or visiting my hard-at-work-studying at the Uni with a heart-shaped (and v. over-priced, I found out) pizza from Boston Pizza.... 
Shawn's first time trying "Perogy Pizza"
His face shows that he was not so much
convinced when I suggested it. 

Such a sucker for a gimmick...






















Now I am at home, watching "The Bachelor", and waiting for my handsome husband to finishing ace-ing his test and come home... Ooh he just called!!! Off to pick him up!!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment