12.2.11

Studying Widow

Mid-terms are upon us and I have lot my husband, Shawn, to studying. He is working so hard, and focusing 98% of his attention to school. I think part of him feels like he's abandoning me but I am so impressed with his dedication to his studies. And I figure, in one week we will be on our way to sunny Arizona... Farewell snow, cold and all things winter... 


But until then, I have ALOT of solo time on my hands... So I have been devising things to take up some of the time... What my days involve, with Shawn at school till 10 pm at night...


- sleeping in till 10 am... I don't even feel bad anymore, at this point.


- writing thank-you cards... eep, those probably should be done by now.


- cleaning... I devised a chore schedule for myself, so each day I do a general clean-up and then one main chore... Who knew I would be actually organized like that? 


- cooking and baking.. Shawn is a fantastic cook and loves to cook so he and I share cooking duties. I just made a fantastically delicious Butternut Squash & Chicken Risotto that I got from my Aunt while in Australia... Needs a couple tweaks for next time. But delicious. Baking on the other hand.... I try and do that to a minimum... I looove baking but the problem is that I also love to eat the baking... Not good.


Sadly, I'm on the last book
in the series...
- reading/going to the library to find new things to read... I am such a book-worm and I just finished a book recommended by my sister Tamara, "The Help". It is a fantastic show about southern women and their black help in the 1960's. Loved it. I have since moved on to a new book series... "Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief". You may have heard of the movie they recently made. The series are definitely geared towards a teenage audience (okay, so they have cartoon covers, sue me) but I am a sucker for all things Greek Mythology and I have become slightly addicted to the series... 


-going to the gym... Let me sing the praises of my new gym, 'Fitness for 10'. It is exactly what it sounds like; an amazing gym for, get this, $10/month! For the first time, I don't feel guilty about buying a gym membership... And for probably only the third time, I am actually going! A lot of the credit for my somewhat-dedication to going is due to Amy. She, like me, is here because of the love of her life and we both don't know many people and have a weakness for baking so we became fast friends and have a gym relationship... 


-facebook/internet... curse you facebook... You wonderful time-sucker that I both hate and love...


-eating.... Is there any better companion when watching t.v. or reading a book? Nope... thus the gym... 


-studying... Thankfully, I have been graduated from Uni for almost 3 years now but I just got a new job so I am back to studying. I am slightly nervous to start orientation on PAR (post-anesthesia recovery). I feel a little out of my league but I am very excited for the new challenge. But I am cramming before orientation so I don't appear completely out of my element. Hurrah for google search for coming up with something legit to help me study.


So those are some of the things that help to kill the time before my handsome hubby comes home/ is studying.... Only 7 more days until ARIZONA!! woot woot! and only 2 days till I start orientation for my new job... 


xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment