19.2.12

Upgrade...

We had previously decided to swap our Aveo 2008 hatchback for a more baby/family friendly car.
After searching and searching we found a gorgeous 2009 Volkswagen (diesel!!) Jetta but sadly it was above our price range. I decided to call the dealership in Med Hat anyway, maybe I could try wheeling and dealing and get the price down. 

In the end after hours of calling back and forth and bartering back and forth we came to an impasse and I was left wistfully staring at the car online that was above our very strict budget...

But I learned something that week. The more you say no to a dealership, the more they try to win you over for a car. Five days and 4 phone calls from the dealership left unanswered I finally called back the sales manager and after I turned down their offer 3 times and said we were done and looking in Calgary and Edmonton much to my surprise he called back and matched our budget price.

We had got quite the deal, quite the car and despite a couple mis-steps along the way (forgetting my license plate, trying to finalize selling our car, a curve-ball thrown by the dealership) we now own an amazingly gorgeous and baby-friendly car....

LOVE

Chelsey had just bought a brand new gorgeous 2012
Jetta so now we have twinner black and white Jettas...
Shawn makes fun of me but I just love freebies
and the fact that they gave me a free thermos and this
adorable baby bib... It made my day...

No comments:

Post a Comment